Welcome to a mouth party! Baron Hasselhoff's is a wonderful Chocolate Emporium located in sweet little Berhampore, Wellington. They have an adventurous range of truffles and expertly crafted chocolates for any curious chocolate lover to try. We proudly take care of Baron Hasselhoff’s clothing needs including their branded tee’s, totes and aprons that their lovely chocolate disciples wear while creating their delicious chocolate magic. Their epic tee’s and totes are also available to purchase alongside their chocolate!
Erin, kindly gave us a peak behind the scenes into how they create their chocolates, where they get inspiration for new flavours and how they strive for ethical and sustainable business practices.
If you haven’t tried the Baron’s chocolate or other treats yet, we highly recommend that you do. The Rosemary Mary Infused Salted Caramels are a LYB team favourite. Highly recommend.
What's your view on sustainability at Baron Hasselhoff’s?
Sustainability is one of our core values, we're always trying to get as local and ethical as possible. Here are just a few ways we uphold this value.
- Our bean to bar process is ethical and sustainable. Using cacao that is traded as directly with the farmers/co-ops as possible this ensures a higher than fair trade price for their hard work. We use cacao butter from a small farmer led co-op in Papau New Guinea which guarantees the price we pay and makes as big an impact on their local communities as possible.
- Our sugar is grown in Paraguay and is certified fair trade and organic.
- Our packaging is recyclable and sustainable, right down to the paper tape we use on our boxes for shipping.
- We have an exciting goal of crafting all our chocolate needs by 2024, at present we use Callebaut chocolate in our hand made truffle range.
- We pay all our staff at or above the Living Wage.
- We donate regularly to our local schools, Women's Refuge and Kaibosh food rescue.
- We work with Little Yellow Bird for our tee’s, totes and aprons. Because 100% organic, fair trade and ethically made workwear is important to us.
What is the most interesting flavour of chocolate you've made?
We pride ourselves on our adventurous flavours so they're all pretty interesting. But we think Mistress Tahini - Oat Milk and Sesame is probably the most out there and get’s the most interesting reactions.
Why are fair trade / ethical practices important to you and your business?
It's just good morals, isn't it? We don't feel comfortable putting profits before the planet and people. Our community in Wellington is pretty darn great, we just expect businesses should always strive to do better. We're lucky that the support and education is there, businesses like LYB, Nil, noissue. And The Sustainability Trust are so helpful and it's great to make good things happen together.
Where do you get inspiration for new flavours from?
The Baron sends us postcards from all over the world, with half baked ideas. Our chief chocolate disciple Clayton really makes the magic happen.
What made you choose Little Yellow Bird for your workwear?
Little Yellow Bird are the best! How something is made, is how it is perceived. We are a craft focused company, so the art and ethics are super important to us.
Where can we find you?
You can find us online herehttps://baronhasselhoffs.com/ Or come say hello in person at 470 Adelaide Road, Berhampore, Wellington.
*Little sneaky tip wear your BH tee in when you pop in to see them and get a cheeky discount on your next choccy purchase.*
Who are we?
Are you a biz looking to wear your values on your sleeve? You’ve come to the right place. At Little Yellow Bird we make branded basics and circular uniforms, for work, home and play.
Supply your team with long-lasting and durable clothing, aprons and accessories that are sustainably sourced, ethically made, and fairtrade. We manufacture, supply and brand workwear with full traceability back to the source and the option to recycle them (for free) at the end of their useful life.
Whether you need 1 or 1000 we’re here for that. Get in touch here we’d love to help your company make an impact. We sing for small changes, that have big impact. Shop our range or get in touch with us here.
Leave a comment (all fields required)